You set up a new web application with a new load balanced URL. The web application contains one or more site collections but the root site collection, i.e. http://xxx.sharepoint.com/ does not exist. You browse to a document library under http://xxx.sharepoint.com/project1 called ‘Documents’ and try to ‘Open in windows explorer’.
The document library opens but [...]
SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios:
You get prompted for credentials when you access the site in the browser. You get prompted for credentials when you open a document from SharePoint. You get prompted for credentials after you open a document from SharePoint and try to “Save As”.
When cleaning personal sites, it is difficult to see what each user has stored on their site. If you type in the url to the user’s My Content site, SharePoint will redirect you to their profile homepage. This occurs even if you are the farm or site administrator.
You can use webdav to [...]
You try to open a document library with many files by clicking on ‘Open in windows explorer’ and get the following error message:
\\server\webfolder\folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to
use this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find
out if you have access permissions.
A device attached to [...]
For a proof of concept, users need to be able to upload files that are more than 500 MB. This is part of a plan to use SharePoint to replace redirected folders.
Webdav has an inbuilt size limit of 50 MB. This limit is on the client side and nothing to do with [...]
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...