Migrate user profiles from one farm to another farm using the Replication Engine tool provided in the SharePoint 2010 Administration Tool Kit. Note that this tool is used to migrate from one Mysite Host site to another. If you do not know what a Mysite Host site is, you should do more research before [...]
We recently had to re-create the user profile service application. All went fine until we ran the first search crawl, SharePoint Search reported the following error:
Error in PortalCrawl Web Service.
We have the following URLs configured under the content source:
The errors being generated were related to crawling user profiles under [...]
You configure audience targeting for a webpart using AD groups. A newly added user is unable to see the webpart even though you have confirmed that the account has the correct AD group memberships.
SharePoint updates AD user group memberships only after the User Profile Synchronisation service is run.
Open Central Administration [...]
You have followed Harbar’s Rational Guide to setting up the User Profile Service Application in SharePoint 2010 but the User Profile Service is still stuck on starting.
Ensure that the account you are running the UPS service is a local administrator for the provisioning process.
This is normally the farm account which also [...]
So you made a mistake by trying to change the service application account for the User Profile Service Application. You try to change it back to your farm account but get an ugly error message saying:
An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceCredentialDeploymentJobDefinition named “windows-service-credentials-FIMSynchronizationService” already exists under the parent Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ProfileSynchronizationService named “FIMSynchronizationService”. Rename your [...]
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...