Update the site collection owners for all sites in your SharePoint farm. You normally wouldn’t do this too often, but this is helpful when you are doing things like migrations from old SharePoint installations.
Having a valid account with a working e-mail address is important especially when you use site collection quotas and warning [...]
SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios:
You get prompted for credentials when you access the site in the browser. You get prompted for credentials when you open a document from SharePoint. You get prompted for credentials after you open a document from SharePoint and try to “Save As”.
After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 Update, you start getting an exception “The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again.” in your InfoPath forms when you try to do certain actions like adding an attachment to [...]
Display security permissions for site collection, subsites, and lists/libraries in each site.
This can be achieved by a simple powershell script. To use it, you must modify the $site variable to point to your site collection.
Syntax: <script name>.ps1 | out-file c:\permissions.txt
#Add SharePoint PowerShell SnapIn if not already added
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...