One of SharePoint servers went down for a period of time, when it came back up, the Query Component status was still stuck at ‘Not Responding’.
We had to use a small PowerShell script to restart the Query Component on that server. Its status then changed to ‘Recovering’ and eventually ‘Online’.
Here is the [...]
You get the following errors in the event log on your SharePoint server.
Event ID: 6398
The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Monitoring.HealthStatUpdateJobDefinition (ID 9cb6be54-0384-4c6e-abfc-c2f25621a3ed) threw an exception. More information is included below.
Could not find stored procedure ‘dbo.Search_GetRecentStats’.
Event ID: 5586
Unknown SQL Exception 2812 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is [...]
I recently had to recreate a corrupted search service application on my farm. I tried deleting the service application from Central Administration but the ‘Please wait’ dialog just kept showing and nothing happened. I then tried deleting it using PowerShell using the Remove-SPServiceApplication command. After pressing enter, I waited for about 15 minutes and [...]
We recently had to re-create the user profile service application. All went fine until we ran the first search crawl, SharePoint Search reported the following error:
Error in PortalCrawl Web Service.
We have the following URLs configured under the content source:
The errors being generated were related to crawling user profiles under [...]
You have Gantt chart views in your webparts. During a search crawl, the following messages are logged in ULS.
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: This view requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla FireFox 3.0, or Apple Safari 3.0. at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.Gantt.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at [...]
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...