Clicking on a document icon does not link you to the document.
Microsoft has published a fix for this issue. Create a file called fldtypes_docicon.xsl and copy the XSLT code supplied by Microsoft into the file. Move the file to the following location:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\XSL
Code and instructions available [...]
You perform a database attach upgrade from a 2007 farm to a 2010 farm. You decide that you want to use a different URL for the web application. After performing the upgrade, you realise that all the alerts on the web application still use the old SharePoint URL.
Use a powershell script to [...]
After installing June 2011 CU for SharePoint 2010 Server, you start to get errors in your InfoPath form. After disabling Security Validation in the Web Application General Settings, you realised that you cannot create anything from the UI.
As a work-around, you need to modify FormServer.aspx located under \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server [...]
As an administrator, one of the most common tasks I get is to troubleshoot “unexpected errors”. While the ULS log viewer is very handy, the log files are very large and tedious to go through (especially in a live environment).
Most errors in SharePoint come with a correlation ID. As long as you have this, [...]
After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 Update, you start getting an exception “The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again.” in your InfoPath forms when you try to do certain actions like adding an attachment to [...]
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...