You configure SQL Server Maintenance Plan and set it to e-mail you when the job is complete. When you check the job history, you notice that it fails to send the e-mail and the following message is logged:
Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile [...]
When you implement Remote Blob Storage for SharePoint 2010, you also need to configure the RBS Maintainer as a scheduled task on your SharePoint database server in order to periodically clean the blob stores from orphaned objects (files that have been permanently removed from SharePoint do not get automatically deleted from the blob store!).
This problem usually happens when you move your SharePoint farm to a different database server using SQL Aliases. When you create the Session State Database in SharePoint, it creates a SQL Agent job called <DB Name>_Job_DeleteExpiredSessions. This job runs every minute to clean out the expired sessions from the database. Without it, your database [...]
We are using DPM 2012 to backup our SharePoint 2010 farm using the SharePoint connector in DPM (not SQL backups). I ran the configuresharepoint.exe -enablesharepointprotection followed by configuresharepoint.exe -resolveallsqlaliases (we are using SQL aliases) on one of our Web Front End Servers as required. I then verified that the SharePoint VSS Writer service was Started [...]
We recently moved all our SharePoint databases to a new server. This morning I noticed that the new SQL server was reporting that one of the databases had a corrupted index.
Log Name: Application
Date: 2/01/2013 9:05:02 AM
Event ID: 8646
Task Category: Server
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- PowerShell script to update all Site Collection Owners
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...