The Save Document Library as Template option is not available on the default Documents library that gets created by the site publishing feature.
This is a known issue in SP 2010 and a work-around has been provided.
Open the document library -> Library Settings
On your address bar, change the link from [...]
Create a content query webpart that pulls data stored in Richtext format. Data must be displayed without html codes.
Modify the XSLT to use the ‘disable-output-escaping=”yes” tag:
For example: <xsl:value-of select=”@Description” disable-output-escaping=”yes”/>
Create a calculated column called ‘Progress Report No’ based on the following format:
e.g. A report created on 4/8/2011 would be, 2011.8.W1
The formula for the calculated column is:
This is a simple one but many people get the syntax wrong when they try to export individual document libraries / lists.
To backup a document library called ‘Library1′ in ‘Subsite’.
export-spweb <http://sharepoint site/site collection/subsite/ -itemurl “/site collection/subsite/library1″ -path c:\sharepoint\library1.cmp
To backup a document library called ‘Library 2′ in ‘Site Collection’.
export-spweb <http://sharepoint site/site [...]
An old migrated library is populated with several thousand documents with the default content type set to ‘Document’. All the documents now need to be assigned a specific content type.
Found a powershell script that does the trick:
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...