When you try to back up a SharePoint 2010 farm running SQL Server 2005 with DPM 2012. DPM is unable to backup the farm and consistently reports that the ‘Replica is inconsistent’.
Symptoms of the problem:
DPM Agent logs on the SharePoint WFE (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Temp\WssCmdletsWrapperCurr.errlog)
2.810 31 WssSqlAliasHelper.cs(375) NORMAL Getting SPDatabase [...]
We use Data Protection Manager 2010 in our environment to backup our content databases. Unfortunately, DPM cannot properly back up farm configuration and service applications in SharePoint 2010.
See the following links for more information:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee428318.aspx - Backing up Service Applications
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee428320 - Backing up Farm Configuration
I decided to with a PowerShell script [...]
Encountered an issue today where a site collection was backed up using the Backup-SPSite command in PowerShell. Midway, the backup had to be cancelled. Everything seemed to work fine for about 10 mins then it exploded, the entire site became read-only.
Checking the database status in Central Administration, the Read-only flag was turned off.
Important areas to consider when backing up SharePoint. SharePoint root folder – %COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ Inetpub folder – c:\inetpub\ (assuming this is the default location of your IIS websites) GAC – Global Assembly Cache, c:\windows\assembly\ (contains .NET assemblies used by SharePoint, many customisations place assemblies in GAC) IIS – Backup your IIS configuration through [...]
Import a subsite from production to test environment, including content and workflows. Production and test are separate farms and automatic content deployment is disabled.
Export-spweb/Import-spweb cmdlets will not import List workflows correctly. You will find that workflows lose their association to their respective lists if you try to do so. This is [...]
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- PowerShell script to update all Site Collection Owners
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...