Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our SharePoint farm today.
Source: Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Event ID: 8313
Task Category: Topology
Description:SharePoint Web Services Round Robin Service Load Balancer Event: EndpointFailure
Service Application Uri: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:sharepoint:service:ab40bec68e8f46268fdea0db3550d881
Affected Endpoint: http://server1:32843/ab40bec68e8f46268fdea0db3550d881/SearchService.svc
I have seen this happen with other service applications and a restart of the service in Central Administration followed by an IISReset normally did the trick. The search service application is a little bit more tricky. A recent change to our farm search topology resulted in search being moved from server1 to a dedicated search server. Hence, I found it strange that the load balancer was still looking for searchservice.svc on the old server.
A quick search landed me on this page from Microsoft. As it turns out, the Search Query and Site Settings Service should be running on servers that have the search query component. Since I moved the search service completely to a different server, I had not yet stopped the Search Query and Site Settings service on the old server (My bad!). Stopping the service got rid of the errors for me.
Note: If your search query component is still running on the server, try restarting the service instead of stopping it.
- Central Administration -> Manage Service Applications -> Search Service Application
- Check your Search topology to see if the query component is running on that server.
- Go to Manage Services on Server and check if the service is running.
- Stop / Restart the service as necessary.
- Automatically download versions of a file in SharePoint to your computer
- SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 2 no longer allows unresolvable e-mail addresses
- SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 2 breaking scripts using SPServices / jquery
- Hiding calculated columns in a SharePoint Library / List
- Unable to check-in file – required field is blank
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following…
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure… Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on…
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's…
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up…
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors:…
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June…
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in…
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the…
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change…
- Using Get-SPLogEvent to retrieve logs based on correlation… As an administrator, one of the most common tasks I…