User Profile Sync stops working, you check the Synchronization Service Manager on your synchronisation server and see the following errors:
This error normally occurs when the address of your farm’s Central Administration website has changed. The user profile service tries to access it at the old location and fails.
Use Synchronisation Service Manager to direct the sync job to the correct address.
- Run Synchronization Service Manager where the User Profile Synchronisation Service is set to run, you can do this by going to: Start -> Run -> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\Synchronization Service\UIShell\miisclient.exe
- When the program opens, click on Management Agents
- Select the Agent with the name ‘MOSS-guild’.
- Click on Properties
- Click Configure Connection Information
- Under connect To: change the url to your new Central Administation address. For example:
- Old: direct://vm088:55000/_vti_bin/ProfileImportExportService.asmx?ApplicationID=eaa4b5f4%2Dcaa1%2D4c84%2D992e%2Ddc6e33e2201d
- New: direct://vm089:50000/_vti_bin/ProfileImportExportService.asmx?ApplicationID=eaa4b5f4%2Dcaa1%2D4c84%2D992e%2Ddc6e33e2201d
- Re-run the sync job.