You try to open a document library with many files by clicking on ‘Open in windows explorer’ and get the following error message:
\\server\webfolder\folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to
use this network resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find
out if you have access permissions.
A device attached to the system is
The problem occurs because the size of all the file attributes that are returned by the WebDAV server is much larger than what is expected. By default, this size is limited to 1 MB.
To work around this problem, you need to modify the windows registry on the client computer.
Data Type: DWORD
Default Value: 1,000,000
decimal (1 MB)
Change the default value to a larger number, e.g. 100000000 for 100mb.
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...