Customise the Mysite contact card section and display custom fields outside of the ‘More information’ drop drop down.
You need to modify the persons.aspx page on the Mysite root. In my case, I took a backup of person.aspx, called it person2.aspx and did tested my customisations first. Once I was happy with it, I replaced person.aspx with the customised version. Note that with this method, you will have to take a back up of your customised file before running any patches or updates to SharePoint as there is a high chance that your customisations will be overwritten with the original file.
- Open your Mysite in SharePoint designer and browse to the root directory.
- Locate person.aspx and create a copy, name it person2.aspx.
- Click on split view so that you can view code and design at the same time.
- Locate the div: <div style=”padding-left: 20px;” id=”ProfileViewer_ValueTitle”>
- This is where your customisation starts; to add a custom column under Job title, add the line in bold, replacing the red text with the name of your own custom field.
<div style=”padding-left: 20px;” id=”ProfileViewer_ValueTitle”>
<SPSWC:ProfilePropertyValue PropertyName=”Title” runat=”server”/>
<div style=”padding-left: 20px;” id=”ProfileViewer_ValueEmployeeID“>
Employee ID: <SPSWC:ProfilePropertyValue PropertyName=”EmployeeID” runat=”server”/>
If you copied the code above exactly, your Mysite contact card will now show as:
- Job Title
- Employee ID: <User’s employee ID’
You can copy the <div ….. </div> section as many times as you like to add more custom fields.
Thats all for now, cheers.