Every administrator knows that allowing users to create their own personal sites in Mysites can easily become a problem if not managed properly. Thankfully, it is very easy to disable this feature in SharePoint 2010.
- Open Central Administration -> Manage Service Applications -> User Profile Service
- Click Manage User Permissions
- Untick the box that corresponds to the ‘Create Personal Site’ permission.
- Click on OK to save your changes.
- Browse to Mysite, the ‘My Content’ link no longer appears.