When cleaning personal sites, it is difficult to see what each user has stored on their site. If you type in the url to the user’s My Content site, SharePoint will redirect you to their profile homepage. This occurs even if you are the farm or site administrator.
You can use webdav to access the contents of each user’s Mysite. Assuming that the url to all your Mysite personal sites is:
- Ensure that your computer is able to use Webdav to browse to sharepoint.
- Go to Start -> Run
- Type in: \\http://my.sharepointsite.com\personal -> Enter
- You will be redirected to\\my.sharepointsite.com\DavWWWRoot
- Click on the address bar and replace DavWWWRoot with the following:
- You should now see the contents of the user’s mysite.