In a follow up to the previous post, we want to allow the dev farm to search for user profiles in the test farm.
- Central Administration -> Manage Service Applications -> Search Service Application.
- Under Content Sources, add a new one.
- Type in a name
- Under Start Addresses, type in: sps3://<url of your test farm>
- Configure a schedule if you need to.
- Click on OK to save.
- Central Administration -> Manage Service Applications -> User Profile Service
- Click on Administrators on the ribbon.
- Add the content access search account you configured in your dev environment with ‘Retrieve People Data for Search Crawlers’.
Start a crawl on your dev farm.