- Configure a Send-To Connection to a Records Center.
- Implement a retention policy on a content type to route old documents to a Records Center.
Create your Records Center site
- Once your site has been created, create a Content Organizer rule.
- Under Content Type, if you wish to apply the rule to ALL documents and only filter for metadata, select the ‘Document’ content type.
- Set up your filtering rule. Mine was a simple ‘Name contains <text>’.
- Click OK when done.
Configure your send-to connection in Central Administration
- Go to Central Administration -> General Application Settings (Do not get confused with the one that is for the Web Application).
- Select Configure send to connections
- Display Name: <whatever>
- Send-To-URL: http://your-site-name/subsite/_vti_bin/officialfile.asmx
‘Send-to’ locations are applied to all documents in the web application. You should see your new send-to location appear under the context menu of each file.
When you send your document to your Records center, you will be prompted to confirm your submission. Once you do so, the content organizer rule will apply and route the document to the right destination library.
Note however, that the document will sit in your drop off library if it does not match any of the content organizer rules.
Configuring your Retention policy
My retention policy was applied to a content type.
- Go to Site Settings -> site content types -> content type name -> information management policy settings
- Check Enable retention
- Add a retention stage
- In my case, I set the document to be moved to the records library after creation + 365 days.
- Click OK to save your retention stage.
All in all, this is very simple to set up.
- Save document library as template option not available
- Short break
- Speed up SharePoint using the IIS Blobcache
- Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a profile name in the @profile_name parameter.
- Microsoft SharePoint is not supported with version 4.0.30319.296 of the Microsoft .Net Runtime.
- SharePoint Keeps Prompting for Credentials Problem SharePoint keeps prompting you for credentials in the following scenarios: You ...
- Security Token Service Application- Broken Problem Had an issue today on one of my developer's VMs. ...
- User Profile Service Stuck on Starting Problem You have followed Harbar's Rational Guide to setting up the ...
- Event 8313 Topology – Load Balancer EndpointFailure – SearchService.svc Problem Encountered the following error while analysing the logs on our ...
- Event 6398 and 5586 SharePoint Foundation Problem Event logs were getting filled with the following errors: Event 5586, ...
- The security validation for this page is invalid Problem: After applying SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1 and June 2011 ...
- The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered. Problem You install .NET Framework 4.0 on your SharePoint 2010 WFE ...
- Start a workflow using PowerShell Requirement Start a workflow on all / specific items in a ...
- Using Export-SPWeb to export libraries / lists This is a simple one but many people get the ...
- Unable to change User Profile Service Account Problem So you made a mistake by trying to change the ...